Sunday, July 3, 2011

Semi-Precious Look: Rare Find

I went to the MAC Pro store here in L.A. the day the Semi-Collection launched to pick up some items that I put on hold from the collection, but played with some of the other shadows to see what else I might want. I ended up getting quite a few, minus one of the items that was on "hold"(I don't think that they really put it on hold or they "lost" my hold, but it made me miss out on Golden Gaze, which is now being shipped to me from another pro store, so pissed but I digress). I ended up walking away with Rare Find, Mineral Mode, Dark Indulgence, Blue Sheen, Clarity and Smoked Ruby). I think I may pick up Faux Gold on Thursday because it was very pretty, I just didn't have the money for it. I also got Semi-Precious Rose Quartz but that is it.

I really like the mineral eyeshadows (MES) from M.A.C. but I know that they are either a product that you love or hate. I am in the LOV category with them. From this collection, I am in love with all of the MES' that I picked up. I skipped Jade's Fortune and Unsurpassible because depending on the veining they look close to Clarity, well, at least on my skin, there were just levels of darkness between them and I made sure that the clarity I got was veined diversely and nicely. I will post pictures of the MES' that I got maybe on Tuesday after work because depending on the veining the color can be totally different from another person's MES or the testers that you play with. I asked to look at each one so that I could pick the one that I liked the veining on. Though my Mineral Mode has very little veining because I got the last one that they had :(

With Rare Find, I knew that I wanted to pair with Rani (I picked it up at a CCO and just love it). I thought that they would look nice together and I believe that I was right in that assumption. So, here is the look that I came up with for it. Sorry for the long post!











FACE:
Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Olay
Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Smashbox
Studio Finish Concealer - M.A.C.
Half Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Half M.A.C. Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation

CHEEKS

Band of Roses Mineralize Blush- M.A.C.


EYES:
Soft Ochre Paint pot as a base - M.A.C.
Lid: Rare Find MES applied wet - M.A.C.

Crease: Rani eyeshadow - M.A.C.



Highlight: Brule eyeshadow - M.A.C.
liner bottom: Aqua Eyes Stay Put Liner in 0l - MUFE
Lower Lash Line - Rare Find MES applied dry - M.A.C.
Inner Corner: #6 Sunlight Sparkle Eyeshadow - Bobbi Brown

LIPS:
Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipglass with Ever Hip Lipstick patted on with finger

No comments:

Post a Comment