Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to Mac Program

I figured I would touch on the Back to M.A.C. program because people have a lot of questions about it and I even had one and got mixed answers until I called and went into the stores.

For those that do not know about it, the B2M program is something that M.A.C. has been doing for a good while now. I think that this is a great program because not only does it help encourage people to recycle, it helps the environment AND you get something for free. I mean, what more could you want.

Anyhow, the program works like this: If you take six (6) empty primary packages (and I'm not talking about the boxes, it's the plastic and glass packaging that the product is in) then you can get a free lipstick.


To be a little more thorough, at M.A.C. counters, which are the ones in Macy's and Nordstrom's you can get a free lipstick. BUT at a freestanding store, you have a choice of either a lipstick, lipglass or an eyeshadow. I believe that they may actually be a few other choices now, but those are the ones I know of for sure.


The only exception to the lipstick and lipglass is the VIVA GLAM series. When you chose your free lipstick, it can not be from that series because 100% of the sale proceeds go towards helping those with AIDS/HIV. You CAN however turn in those packages as a part of the B2M program.


You may not Back2MAC for items that are in special packaging(those that are not in the standard packaging) but you can B2M those items that do have the B2M icon on the primary packaging. To give an example of products that were in special packaging, think Hello Kitty, Venomous Villains, etc.

I have heard people saying that you can not turn in the de-panned/de-potted eyeshadow containers. In my experience this is not true. At the five stores that I go to, you can turn them in BUT the plastic part that is holding the pan has to be in it too. The pan can be missing, but the part underneath it has to be in place. When in doubt, just call the store or counters that you go to and they will let you know their policy on it.



So, I hope that helps. If you have any questions about it, please, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to try and answer it for you. I know it can be confusing. I was given misinformation about turning in the VIVA GLAM packaging in the past and have seen people on youtube say things about the no longer taking in de-panned shadows, so I figured I would try to help. BUT as I said, it may be different in your area or your stores so make sure you call them to have them clarify their interpretation of these policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment