Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ancient Egyptian Series: Anubis

Hello all! Sorry, I've been constantly busy with work and health issues so I haven't been able to post much, I am so behind on the amount that I have wanted to post. Though I haven't done many looks in my downtime anyway. I guess I will just post when I have the chance and not give myself deadlines...

Anywho...This is the look that I came up with to represent Anubis. He was one of the God's of the dead and lead the recently deceased on there journey through the underworld, he was also known as the God of death or God of the Dead. Anubis was represented as a jackal or a man with a jackal's head. His statues in his jackal form were black and parts were gilded in gold and the images of him when he had the body of a man his body was gold and his head black. Black represented death and the night and yellow was the color of gold and the sun and represented the eternal, the indestructible and the imperishable. With this look I used mostly golds, black and brown.




This photo and the preceding one were taken outdoors. I love how much the colors popped and basically glowed in the sunlight, especially in the first picture where you can see the entire lid closeup.


This photo and the one following it were the indoor photos of this look. The gold still pops, and I am totally excited about that, I love it.



FACE:
Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Olay
Studio Finish Concealer - M.A.C.
Studio Fix Powder - M.A.C.


CHEEKS:
47 Orange Brown Zea May's Powder Blush - Korres
Metal Rock MSF - MAC
How Beautiful Beauty Powder - MAC


EYES:
Base:
Shadow Insurance as a base - Too Faced
Lid: 
Treasure Hunt paint pot and Gold from the Surf the Ocean Crushed Metallic Pigment Stack - MAC (used as bases on the lid), Goldilux loose eyeshadow - Sugarpill
Lid (Outer and inner corners):
Emmanuelle - Nars; a dupe for this is Heat Deluxe Eyeshadow by Urban Decay on my skin
Crease: 
Feline Kohl Power - MAC (blended out above the crease as well), AMC 63 - Inglot, Carbonized - MAC (to soften and blend out the black), Moleskin - MAC (To blend out carbonized), Pumpkinfire - Fyrinnae (just a tiny bit in inner corner of crease, you can see it in the last photo)
Highlight:
How Beautiful Beauty Powder - M.A.C.
liner (bottom): 
Feline Kohl Power
Lower lash Line:
Goldilux (inner half), AMC 63 (outer half)

Mascara:
Volum' Express The Falsies - Maybelline
Eyebrows:
Espresso eyeshadow - MAC

LIPS:
Heroine - MAC
Goldilux Loose Eyeshadow - Sugarpill (patted on center of bottom lip and outlining the cupid's bow)

2 comments: